The State of Wisconsin has a mascot exhibition for confectionery products

The first half of August brings a summer top in suburban West Allis, Wisconsin. Located just off junction I-894 and I-94, it is easily accessible from all points. Fair was originally located in Zhanesville in 1851 and moved to its present location in the area of ​​Milwaukee in 1892. Cream puff competition in 2005.

Agricultural department has a mission statement to satisfy the needs of rural youth. In 2003, they added a barn that contains no prohibition, and it's not just an engineering feat. The building houses horses during the state fair in a two-story 64,800 square feet. On the ground floor there is a milking parlor advanced economies. This "barn" allows you to pay 5,000 pounds per 40 square feet of space stall. It will be evidence of the State's commitment to the future of agriculture for many years.

RV park in the territory of the State of Wisconsin exhibition – the only one in the RV Camp County. Its 70 camp sites offer some full service and some electric only sites. Parking in the district circles allowed nightly for less than $ 30, and on a monthly basis – from 500 to 750 dollars.

The Masters Spas Pavilion on the area of ​​18 000 square feet – a place where you can find a public exhibition of Wisconsin. Signature: Food: National Exhibition-cream jars and houses with blue ribbon.

Another fairly unique building – the National Center ice Petit. This Youth Center Tommy John. Thompson, which offer facilities for sports and recreation needs of young people of Wisconsin.

During these years, the State Fair has become one of the best in the country. Along with a showcase of local talents visitors will find rides, shows and famous steps.

Fabulous fall in Florida?

I woke up in the air cool hrumstkastsyu morning. Fall is finally here, and I'm not talking about the fall in Vermont! I say to southwest Florida. I just like to spend time outdoors at this time of year to take our grandchildren to the park, ride bikes, play on the beach. But most of all I like the autumn festivals. I love pumpkin patches, hayrydy, haunted house for kids and a lovely aroma of the food vendors. For vacationers Florida has several festivals fall Sarasota.

Hunsaderski Pumpkin Festival takes place the last three weekends of October in Bredentone, a town more Sarasotse. The entrance fee includes kraftovyya show, live show, musical entertainment, hayrydy, pumpkin viewing tools, chainsaw sculptures, a playground, a zoo and a pioneer village. Also, there are all kinds of food and beverages. One of the best features is that children under the age of twelve years of free fall free. In addition, the entertainment for a small fee include painting, climbing wall, children jump on the electric train, riding in airplanes and the championship in jumping frog.

Fruitville Grove Pumpkin Fest is in Sarasotse the same weekend in October as in Hunsader Festival. Some features include Crafters, Pony Rides, Food & Fun Indian corn, pumpkin painting, face painting, hay bales, Music, a 40-foot slide N Slide, Cornstalks, Mini-Train Rides, Petting Zoo, Free Torres Family Circus. This is a great place to get pictures of autumn, made with the family & # 39; and! Admission is free.

Pumpkin Festival Sarasotse scheduled for October 28 to October 30, from 12:00. 10:00 pm Sarasota gathered together to enjoy the festival, held for seven & # 39; ads all ages. Often we see the events that just do not have anything for everyone; well, you this year will be treated to refreshments with the new fun, great show and entertainment on a thread. The sensation of his native city – this is what you can expect at the 3rd annual festival of pumpkins in Sarasotse, Sarasota "most own Halloween Festival, the" most family festival of all time, "This is a festival designed for children, adolescents and adults that brings. benefit all children's hospitals. He returns to the fair Sarasota County for three years and is ready to return enchanting family fun on Halloween.

Often we see the events that just do not have anything for everyone; well, you again pachastuytsesya! Trip to senazhatsii, pumpkin and maze contests for food and cakes, show the trapeze on the flying pages, travel on trains, vendors of food and crafts, interactive attractions entertainment in the children's area and daily horse shows – these are some activities that can be I look forward to. Pumpkin Tower and not very scary Haunted House along with safe trick or treating for kids will add a festive atmosphere.

Information about Manchester New Hampshire and detailed information about the city

Manchester – the main urban center in the state of New Hampshire and north of Boston in a region that includes the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Population over 109 000 people. Manchester took the thirteenth place in the statement of the hundred best cities, living in CNN.MONEY.com, not to mention that Kiplinger & # 39 was recognized as the second tax metropolis in the states. ; s. Manchester has one of the fastest growing economies in the New England.

Manchester has chatyrohsezonny climate with winter winters and warm summers, spring and autumn are usually clear and short passages.

Manchester is several ethnic events in the historic Palace Theater, the Art Museum Chur & # 39; er and the Institute of Art in New Hampshire. Verizon Wireless Arena – is a civilian center that offers a variety of activities, from sporting events to concerts with leading artists, comedian, theater performances, as well as family programs and fairs.

Manchester school system has four public high schools, four public high schools and fourteen public elementary schools. In addition, there are many private and religious schools. You can find 7 medium universities in the Manchester area.

The city is served 4 newspaper publishers, the public television station in New Hampshire and one commercial broadcaster, WMUR-TV Channel 9, ABC affiliate, as well as various radio stations AM and FM.
In Manchester is Manchester Fisher Coates, the secondary team in baseball, and "Manchester Monarch", a professional hockey in football.

For transportation of Manchester has a regional airport Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, which is served by almost all major airlines, with the largest share of used Southwest Airlines. The airport has an international air service by Air Canada in Ontario and Toronto. Public transportation is provided by the Manchester Transit Authority, which operates buses in the city. Concord Trailways and Boston Express operated commuter services in Boston, along with other regions of the state.

Key motorway include Interstates 93 and 293, and the Everett Turnpike, which with & # 39 are multiband highway and connecting the metropolitan area with the Concorde and the White Mountains to the north, and our Boston and the south. NH 101 – a 4-lane highway to the east of Manchester to Hampton and beaches on the coast, as well as Maine and Interstate 95 on the north shore of Massachusetts. Westbound NH 101 – a highway with two lanes, which is the main artery in the Keene area Monadak and points west.

In Manchester, there are two major trading point: in the center of Manchester and on the streets of South Will. Trade Center in New Hampshire located on the street South Willow of more than 125 shops.

Travel guide for Berkshire

1. Introduction:

Characterized by hills and mountains, dissected by river valleys, Berkshire, listed the southern extensions of the Green Mountains of Vermont, crossed Western Massachusetts and Connecticut, decreasing in height and profiles from north to south and west to east. Sir Francis Bernard named rewarding his county in England, they form a geological and cultural region, attracting digit summer tourism.

2. History:

Wind, weather & # 39; s and erosion chisels when the towering mountains that formed Gusatonichnay river valleys, green and Guosichnay after the retreat of the last ice age about 25,000 years ago created the present hills and high peaks.

Magikantsy Indians, who in the mid-1600s moved from the Hudson River Iroquois settlements, were first recorded inhabitants of the area of ​​Berkshire, and were considered instrumental in the training of white men basic survival skills, such as land clearing for cultivation and harvest maple syrup set.

Energy industry, attracted by the numerous rivers, used abundant raw materials, including sand, granite, limestone and marble from the car & # 39; the barriers of iron and clay mines that produce lumber, grain, paper and textiles. , In the process of attracting labor and seven & # 39; ads need to manage the mills and factories.

A tool for the transfer of these products and materials, tunnel Husak, who relieves the first northern state railway route connects Boston to the east coast to the Midwest.

Causing great concern in the region, many famous authors of the 19th and 20th century and visual artists involved in their work settings and themes.

Today, with Berkshire & # 39 are synonymous with nature, town of taverns and historical attractions, art, theater, film and music.

3. Orientation:

In addition to regional gateways, such as Municipal Airport Pittsfield, which is mainly served by private and corporate aircraft, NO airlines that are served in Berkshire, the three nearest airports – Albany, NY (52 km), Hartford, Connecticut (103 miles) and Boston, MA (143 miles).

Consists of 32 cities, the region, which can be divided into northern, central and southern areas, requires hours and a half to two hours of driving, not stopping to pass. Access to route 7 west and Route 8 for the site, a little to the east of it, its beautiful, seemingly, temporarily suspended, kvintesentsyynyh New England town, surrounded by restaurants, the white church steeples, art galleries, shops of crafts and antiques, often dissected or reconditioned or rebuilt arteries, including Route 2 in North Adams, Route 7 in Pittsfield, Route 102 / Main street in Stokbryzh and Route 7 / Main street in Great Baryngtane.

4. Northern Berkshire:

North Adams:
North Adams, as the name implies, with & # 39 is the main town in the Northern Berkshires. Once a bustling textile and shoe assembly during the 19th century, it has since aimed to education and culture at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art. Much of its history can be traced in a state park heritage western gateway.

Western Heritage State Park gateways:
The park, covering an area of ​​the former freight yard of Boston and Main Railroad, consists of several restored buildings that once housed freight and cargo goods, which have been converted into shops, a dining room and a museum, which surrounds the courtyard pavement, now all listed in the National Register historic places.

The museum called the "celebration of the building of the tunnel Goose and the Iron Horse", reflects the life of North Adams at the turn of the 19th century, as well as the impact on him and the northern Berkshires as a tunnel, and the rail industry. District.

According to the museum, pralyagayuchy a wide and shallow sea about 450 million years ago, according to the museum, the North Adams area elongated in the coastline up to the west of the Ohio and its greater depth lurked east of Boston. Its mountains Husak, Berkshire, Takanik and Apalahii themselves formed through 225 million years, when the pressure caused by the South American and African continental plates fights on the old coastal bottom, submerged rock pushed back, which led to the fold and thrust the mountains of New England. today ranges.

After the plates were separated and the Atlantic Ocean opened, modern landscape of peaks, valleys and plains took the form, and the next ice age, which was characterized by waves of advance and retreat, carried huge boulders on the south, in the process of tearing and grinding. mountains in the lower sunrise.

As climate warming ice melting from glaciers and released, he formed the great rivers and their sediment rocks, clay and sand will eventually filled the valley. Accumulation of water which now can not escape, going into the icy edge of the lake.

In isolation, to the Goose Valley was only available to a steep and treacherous mountain pass, which required days to cross and attack the French and their allies were not uncommon, but its advantages are, on the contrary, were significant: the trees and the stones provided the raw material for construction, soil was fertile and promoted the cultivation of the crop, the river served as a powerful source of energy, sand served as the basis for the manufacture of glass, iron and turned into tools.

Although Fort Massachusetts, built in 1741 and is the westernmost created by the colonial government in Boston for the protection of their land, was assaulted by the Indians, he served as the location for the celebration of the future of the city of North Adams. Replacing the second structure, it had a longer destiny Genskaga after signing the contract in 1763, which provided a way out of France, and India.

British soldiers were early settlers Husaka, engaged in agriculture, frezervannem and wood, and it was renamed Adams to honor patriot Samuel Adams Boston after the Revolutionary War.

Growth due to generator Husak River, spawned several dozen small mills that are able to produce lumber and green corn, until increasing population has not led to the need to establish in 1878 a second, separate settlements – North Adams.

However, a greater impact on the area was the fact that in 1875, 4.75-mile tunnel was opened cones. Engineering marvel for its day and the longest train journey in North America east of the Rocky Mountains was nadakuchana manual work and rudimentary pickaxes, hammers and explosives nitroglycerin.

Linking the eastern industrial centers with the West through a single northern rail route, he turned North Adams in a railway town.

The Museum Visitor Center Visitor Western Heritage Western Heritage presented displays, movies, model railroad the HO, as well as interactive exhibits about the tunnel in retired cars.

State Reserve Mount Greylok:
Mountains, which define the Northern Berkshire, offer additional opportunities for sightseeing, especially in the form of a nearby mountain Greylok.

Created between 300 and 600 million years ago when an ancient seabed produced metamorphic gray gray gray and white quartz, which will be its eventual construction book, he climbed the mountain peak, when continental collision characteristic takanichnay aragenii, exerted such pressure value this rock has developed into 20,000 feet of projections. After completing his Millennium sculpture, weather & # 39; s and erosion eventually made their present height and profile.

Now it is part of the 11-mile miles, 4.5 miles wide north-south, located between the green mountains in the north, the mountains of Gander in the east, the mountains on the west and Takashi Berkshire in the south and east, it is the central part of the state reservation Mount Greylok .

Its main roadway – a longer, 16.3-mile mountain road colorful Greylok. It includes 11.5 miles of the segment Apalachavskaga national scenic road.

Called either a gray cloud, or the castle, which is surrounded by a peak in the winter, or the head of the Indian Indians Gray Locke, it was bought by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 1898 to preserve the natural environment for public enjoyment. This is the first state park desert and contains the highest peak.

Department of Conservation and Recreation Management — Massachusetts State Department of Parks and Recreation, Reservation at 12,500 acres, which includes about 70 miles of routes, was transformed into a road and the road that passed the 107th Civil Campaign President Roosevelt Housing for Health provide employment in the era of depression, improve the environment and create a public recreation on the & # 39; sites.

In the period from 1933 to 1939, they cut down trees, improved roads, construct buildings and erected stone retaining walls and drains, most of which still exist.

Inspiring, as well as many natural attractions berkshyrskiya, literary expression of well-known authors, such as William Cullen Bryant and Oliver Wendell Holmes – Mountain attracted them to the top. For example, Nathaniel Hawthorne, rising in a cart in freedom in 1838, said: "Every new dimension of the mountains (referring to Goose ranges, Taconic and Rollers"), or other type of situation creates a surprise in mind. "

Henry David II followed in 1844, rising alone, while Herman Melville made the trip with 11 in 1851.

To the state of the reservation Greylok mountains can be reached with Route 7, which itself passes through Laynsbaro before result in disabling of entry and, after a brief passage in the visitors center. He works for park rangers, exhibits and films that go on the field and forest that are intertwined with the habitat of native birds, wild turkeys, white-tailed deer and black bear. With him are walking trails and a road on top of 7.5 miles.

High slopes that are viewed during ascent, prytulyayuts ancient forest spots that serve as plant and animal habitats, and of several types of overlooking them.

For example, Round Rock 3 km away, offers a scenic view of hardwood forests and allows the visitor to explore the small borealnyya Spruce swamps and Blueberry barrels, while Jones's nose, just 7 miles further up the road opposite the exit to the open meadows and small bushes, ideal for butterfly watching.

Dynamite-trails CCC at a distance of 5.6 km, in the room called the 107th company for explosive storage, leading to ferns, streams and wildflowers.

New Eshfordski view, located 3 km away and overlooks the valley of Green River, stony Korzhakov and the city Williamstown offers an interesting look at the maximum water flow. For example, someone who comes from Hopper Brook, near Amble to the rivers Green, Guosik and Goodson, before reaching the final outflow into the Atlantic Ocean in New York.

As for the upper elevations are characterized by a long winter, the rule of rainfall and lower temperatures, conditions reminiscent of those found in the Canadian borealnyh forests, their violent winds that come and restrain the trees if they are struggling with elements of survival and ice crystals, as a set of miniature knives, cut into their jaws and branches.

Hopper, ice circle, located on the steep western slope, with & # 39 is the southernmost such a feature in the New England and so was named national natural landmark.

Canadian forest closer to the growth seen from Apalachavskaga path at a distance of 6.7 miles, leading to the dominance of spruce red spruce and balsam and above the height of 3000 feet, with a mountain ash and yellow birch, while the twisted sections of maple and beech express Winter the struggle for survival. As the name implies, the region with the & # 39 is part of a 2.12 mile path that stretches from Maine to Georgia.

Ministry of Internal Affairs of the United States by the US Department of the Interior National Historic District is for the purpose of honoring and preserving 4321-futovaga Adams top of mind at a distance of 7.5 miles, but with all the areas above 3100 feet. work of civil protection corps.

As waves zatsyanenyya green by filtering clouds, hills Goose and Berkshire, and the Green Mountains in Vermont and the top of taconite and Katkill in New York are constantly changing color palette. Shaded dark and sometimes bathed in the sun and moon lit, they become practically essential view, viewed from the top, which is considered an island in the clouds, which itself has been formed and therefore frozen in time.

There are several structures on the top of the mountain, including a 92-futnaya memorial tower veterans dedicated to Massachusetts to victims of the war in 1933, and the Basques Lodge, a rustic building built post beams designed pitsfildskim architect Joseph McArthur Vance between 1936 and 1937 gg. It fits into the landscape with stone features Greylaka and red spruce and oak. Named in honor of the Commissioner for reservations Mount Greylok, who played for the construction of houses in the upper part of the top, it contains a stone fireplace and beamed ceiling, and since its completion takes hikers, skiers and hunters east. Food in the restaurant is available and you can book accommodation.

Its architecture is reflected in the architecture of the nearest ski shelter Thunderbolt, which was built in the same period.

5. The Central Berkshire:

Pittsfield:

As Berkshire County Center, Pittsfield became the first neighborhoods to the west of Boston, which was listed cultural areas of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Ever since renamed the Cultural District Upstreet, it offers a wide range of places of visual and performing arts, including the annual exhibition of art in the open air theatrical company "Barryngtan" urban players Pittsfield, Lichtenstein Center for the Arts and the Golden Age, Colonial Theater 780 places, which is part of the Berkshire theater group and has since been declared Hillary Clinton "a national treasure".

Additional information is available at the Visitor's Center Pittsfield, located on North Street and Columbus Avenue, in the modern intermodal transportation center, a transitional point for taxis, buses and trains.

Boom:

In addition to its concentration of Art, the interest in this area has reached its later famous inhabitant, the author Herman Melville, who lived in the visible Erraud manor in which the inspiration for his famous novel served as another peak – Mount Greylok. , Moby Dick.

Melville, who was born in 1819 in New York, first visited the house of Pittsfield, then his uncle's property, 13 years engaged in agriculture, campaigns and made annual trips to him until he in 1850 forever not moved there with his family & # 39; it. this point of recognition would be clumsy and global as well as any future author, to the call which he still had to answer, demanded of materials and experiences gathered along the way.

Sporadically and poorly educated, he initially felt reservoirs in different places before sailed in them, literally – starting the three-year voyage on the ships kitabolnym Acushnet. Briefly Sea Strait to land on the Marquesas Islands, he again sailed for Hawaii on a series of boats, and finally joined the Navy, the United States he returned to New York, which is now at home and needs a more sedentary lifestyle .

Travel time sometimes is not clear until it is kankuryravany – in this case, it was the destination pages, which he filled the fruits that it has brought in the end, with the result that there were five published novels.

Although these captured sea adventures were flowing, cash rewards from the sale amounted to little more than a trifle.

Returning to the site visit his childhood, in the summer of 1850 Melville took something & # 39; nd in Pittsfield for a break in New York City with heat and noise, and impulsively bought a farm, which later called "arrow: after the native artifact he dug during plowing fields.

With the sea of ​​blood, he never sailed on land, especially in the library / office of the second floor, which served as a refuge from the chaotic home, which he shared with his mother, sisters, and, of course, his own family & # 39; it.

Tickets for the home tour can be found at the visitor center / gift shop for him.

Despite the fact that the area is full of inspiration and material, woven with, thread, in all its literary expression, she farmhouse – and in particular, dining room – was the basis of the narrative titled "I and my chimney", which was centered the efforts of his wife replace it with a huge corridor. Words from the story from that time were written on it as evidence of his wife, who is fighting for it, but perhaps as his own successful triumph over them. However, the tale includes the most complete description of the house.

Like Nathaniel Hawthorne and Oliver Wendell Holmes entertained in the northern hall, where there is a second, smaller fireplace and a table with tea service.

Нягледзячы на ​​тое, што жонка Мелвіля напісала ўсю перапіску ў пакоі ложка на другім паверсе, Герман сам дасягнуў свайго літаратурнага росту, асабліва прыглядаючыся да акна на выгляд на гару Грэйлок.

Нягледзячы на ​​месца, якое засталося без выхаду, ён маральна перавозіў яго да мора. "У мяне на прыродзе такое адчуванне мора …", – напісаў ён у снежні 1850 года. – Мая пакой здаецца карабельнай кабінай, і ноччу, калі я прачынаюся і чую, як крычаць ветры, Мне амаль падабаецца, што над домам занадта шмат плыву, і мне лепей пайсці на дах і ўсталяваць дымаход ".

Аднак ягоныя марскія выявы не скончыліся. Сапраўды, натхнёны зімовым выглядам на гару зімой, чый заснежаны профіль нагадваў яму цудоўнага белага кашалота, які разбіваў акіянскую паверхню, ён стварыў знакамітую класіку раман "Мобі Дзік", які ён першапачаткова меў намер назваць проста "Кіт".

Імпульсіўнасць, набытая домам, які, відавочна, абыходзіў логіку, аказаўся каталізатарам яго творчасці, бо 13 гадоў, якія ён правёў у Arrowhead, дазволілі яму ўзняцца на славу, як гара, якая натхніла яго, падштурхнуўшы яго да напісання чатырох раманаў, амаль усе яго апавяданні, і пачнецца там том паэзіі.

Гара:

Страла не адзіная знакамітая рэзідэнцыя, з якой цяклі прызавыя словы. Музей, які прасочваецца па лініі Пітсфілд-Ленокс, – гэта гара, аўтабіяграфічны дом аўтаркі Эдзіт Уартан, які "… дэманструе свае тэорыі архітэктурнага і ландшафтнага дызайну", паведамляе музей.

"Нарадзілася ў прывілеяваным свеце старога Нью-Ёрка, дзе для жанчын сацыяльныя чаканні засланілі інтэлектуальныя амбіцыі", працягвалася "(яна была) па сутнасці самаадукацыяй (як Герман Мелвіл) і стала першай жанчынай, якая атрымала Пулітцэраўскую прэмію за Мастацкая літаратура і першая … атрымала ганаровую доктарскую грамату з Ельскага краю ».

Скончыўшы больш за 40 кніг за 40 гадоў, у тым ліку бэстсэлераў, такіх як Дом Міра ў 1905 г. і класіка Новай Англіі Этан Фром, у 1911 г. яна дасягнула літаратурнай вядомасці.

Пабудаваная ў 1902 годзе на аснове прынцыпаў, разгледжаных у яе працы 1897 г. "Упрыгожванне дамоў", у суаўтарстве з архітэктарам Огдэнам Кодманам-малодшым. Гора лічыцца аўтабіяграфічным выразам яе тэорый архітэктурнага і ландшафтнага дызайну, і гэта сёння Нацыянальная гістарычная славутасць, толькі пяць працэнтаў такіх абазначэнняў узнагароджаны дасягненнямі, звязанымі з жанчынамі.

У захапленні ад Беркшыраў яна выказала свае эмоцыі Кодману ў лісце, калі яна напісала: "Праўда, я закаханы ў клімат, пейзаж, жыццё і ўсё".

Як гэта здарылася з Германам Мелвілам і Эррауэдам, Эдыт Уортан чэрпала натхненне ў Маунтін-Гор, чый ўплыў быў тканы на працягу ўсіх яе твораў. У той час як Мелвіл паглынаўся выглядам на гару Грэйлок, яна зрабіла тое ж самае з возерам Лаўрэл і Лаўрэлем-сажалкай.

Таксама як Arrowhead, праводзімыя экскурсіі могуць быць прыняты з дома Уортона, які яна лічыла асабістым домам, а не грандыёзным асабняком. "Мы павінны зрабіць рэчы прыгожымі", – напісала яна ў "Упрыгожванні дамоў". "Яны не растуць так самі".

Перадаючы сюды свае самыя патаемныя эмоцыі, яна перажыла сур'ёзныя змены, узрушэнні і асабісты рост, нягледзячы на ​​тое, што да 1911 года яе дом займаў толькі дзесяць гадоў.

Персанажы, налады, сюжэты і дыялог, якія ляглі ў аснову яе самых прадаваных кніг, былі захопленыя на паперы ў яе спальні на другім паверсе, праз залу ад будуара. Акружаная сабакамі, яна раніцай пісала, выкарыстоўваючы дошкі, падпертыя на каленях, і кідала скончаныя, рукапісныя старонкі на падлогу, каб потым сабраць і набраць пакаёўку.

Сады, прадугледжаныя серыяй вулічных пакояў і якія складаюцца з італьянскага агароджанага секцыі, французскага кветніка, алеі ліпы і тэрасаванага газона, пашырылі яе філасофію за межы ўнутранай прасторы, што дазволіла ёй стварыць свет высакароднай прыгажосці з якой яна магла ўзбадзёрыць свой творчы дух.

Кафэ Terrace, з выглядам на гэтую прыродную прыгажосць, размешчана на галоўным узроўні дома, а крама сувеніраў "Шпількі і калкі" знаходзіцца на першым паверсе.

Беркшырскі маляўнічы музей чыгункі:

Хоць вобласць Цэнтральнага Беркшыра славіцца гістарычнымі дамамі знакамітых аўтараў, такіх як Герман Мелвіл і Эдзіт Уортан, адхіленне ад славутасцяў можна палюбавацца ў маляўнічым музеі чыгунак Беркшыр у Леноксе.

Заснаваны ў 1984 годзе ў якасці турыстычнага цягніка, ён пражывае на вакзале Lenox, які быў адным з трох такіх аб'ектаў раёна, нараўне з Lenox Dale і New Lenox, пабудаванымі ў сярэдзіне 1850-х гадоў для чыгуначнага транспарту Stockbridge і Pittsfield. Першапачаткова на вуліцах Гусатоніка і Сталіцы, а потым выкарыстоўваўся на гусатонічных і нью-ёркскіх, Нью-Хейвенскім і Хартфардскім чыгунках, ён быў запатрабаваны пажарам 24 студзеня 1902 года і на наступнае лета замяніў вясковы палявы камень і ляпную структуру.

Паколькі іншыя віды транспарту, асабліва аўтамабільны, замянілі чыгунку, станцыі яго часта закідвалі альбо выкарыстоўвалі для іншых мэтаў; у гэтым выпадку будаўнічая кампанія набыла будынак у кастрычніку 1968 года і выкарыстала яго ў якасці рамонту магазінаў і складскіх памяшканняў, у канчатковым выніку ахвяраваўшы яго ў Беркшырскім маляўнічым музеі чыгунак у 1985 годзе. Пасля шырокага абнаўлення праз шэсць гадоў ён быў прыняты ў Нацыянальны рэестр гістарычных мясцін.

Нягледзячы на ​​тое, што страта правоў на выкарыстанне рэйса прымусіла яго адмяніць маляўнічыя турыстычныя экскурсіі на 10 км у Стокбрыдж, будынак вакзала, у якім прадстаўлены экспанаты, тыпавая макет чыгункі і сувенірная крама, можна прагледзець і кароткі праезд на чыгуначным двары. рухавік і кабуз дазваляе наведвальніку падняцца на борт і агледзець рухомы састаў.

50-тонны дызель-электрычны прамысловы камутатар, пабудаваны ў 1957 годзе ў Эры, штат Пенсільванія і ахвяраваны Аб'яднанай асвятляльнай кампаніяй у Нью-Хейвене, штат Канэктыкут, у 1986 г., як правіла, выкарыстоўваецца для спрынту паміж станцыяй і дваром.

Восем трэнераў "Пулман Стандарт", пабудаваныя ў 1911-1925 гадах, прадастаўлялі прыгарадныя паслугі паравых рухавікоў ад Хобакен да паўночных пунктаў Нью-Джэрсі, калі імі кіравалі Дэлавэр, Лакавана і Заходняя чыгунка, хаця пераўтварэнні 1920-х гадоў для некалькіх блокаў кіравання дазвалялі электрычную службу якія будуць прыняты па заканчэнні гэтага часу.

Вызваленыя ў 1984 годзе ад службы транзіту штата Нью-Джэрсі, перад якой яны таксама выкарыстоўваліся Эры Лакавана і Конрайл, яны былі набыты маляўнічай чыгункай Беркшыр.

Caboose C-591, які таксама падшыпнік, быў пабудаваны ў 1942 годзе кампаніяй Pullman Standard Company у Вустэр, штат Масачусэтс, і кіраваўся аўтамабілем класа NE-5 па чыгунцы Нью-Ёрк, Нью-Хейвен і Хартфард, а пазней і Penn Central і Conrail. Некалькі дзён лічыўся "домам", у ім размяшчаўся кандуктар грузавога цягніка і задні канец, які сядзеў у кубку, каб назіраць за падпаленымі восямі і іншымі анамаліямі, гатаваў на сваёй вугальнай печы і спаў у двух нарах. Ракавіна і туалет завяршылі размяшчэнне.

Stockbridge:

У некалькіх мілях на поўдзень ад Ленокса знаходзіцца Стокбрідж, яшчэ адзін горад Цэнтральнага Беркшыра, увекавечаны вядомым мастаком – у гэтым выпадку Норманам Рокуэлам.

Заснаваны ў 1739 годзе, сам Стокбрідж прыжыўся як індыйскае паселішча, потым ператварыўся ў багатую дачу ў пазалочаны век і, нарэшце, стаў маляўнічым здымак Новай Англіі, Роквелл, які захапляўся на палатне і ў публікацыях, якія гэта сёння.

Шмат хто з поглядаў і малюнкаў, якія ён бачыў, усё яшчэ можна ўбачыць. Напрыклад, у вёсцы Зялёны 19-га стагоддзя знаходзіцца месца Кангрэгацыйнай царквы 1824 года, у той час як летнія сядзібы, пабудаваныя багатымі прамыслоўцамі па лініі Мэйн-стрыт, калі вы едзеце на захад. Бібліятэка Стокбріджа, адна з найстарэйшых дзяржаўных, была пабудавана ў 1864 годзе, а левае крыло – першапачатковая структура.

Адзін з гарадскіх мястэчак Беркшыра знаходзіцца тут, а другі знаходзіцца ў Пітсфілдзе. Дадому на фестывалі тэатраў у Беркшыры ён прапануе спектаклі на трох сцэнарыях Бэкбрыдж: на 408-метровай галоўнай сцэне Фіцпатрыка, тэатры аднарога ў 122 месцы і нядаўна прадстаўленай, адкрытай сцэне Ніл Элленф.

Катэдж Хоторн, што крыху на поўнач ад горада, гэта дом, у якім Натаніэль Хоторн напісаў Дом сямі франтонаў паміж 1850 і 1851 гг.

Inn Lion Red

Адзін з найстарэйшых будынкаў Стокбріджа, які ў цяперашні час з'яўляецца славутасцю, індэкс Red Lion, размешчаны на рагу Маршрута 7 і Маршрута 102 / Галоўная вуліца, прасочвае карані да маленькай карчмы Сіласа Пепуна, створанай пад знакам Чырвонага Льва у 1873 г. Паступова павялічыўся ў 1848 г., калі ён быў вядомы пад назвай Дом Стокбрыдж, і 36 гадоў праз, калі паднятая дах садзейнічала дадатку трэцяга паверха, ён мог пахваліцца агульнай колькасцю гасцей у 100.

Перабудаваны ў 1897 годзе пасля пажару, арыгінальны будынак якога пераназвалі ў іншакласніку Ye Red Lion Inn, у 1955 годзе ён упершыню адчыніў дзверы зімой.

Сёння гэтая славутасць з белым роспісам, высціланай ганкамі, мае 125 нумароў пад даўніну і дзевяць вясковых гасцявых дамоў; падаюць амерыканскія і традыцыйныя тарыфы ў Новай Англіі ў галоўнай сталовай, удава Бінгам і карчме, а ў батлейцы Льва і ў сезонным адкрытым двары; у краме сувеніраў можна пахваліцца жывымі забавамі і вырабамі з Беркшыра.

"У выдатным мястэчку Беркшыр-Хілз, які калі-то быў вёскай," ён цягнецца ", на вуліцы, якая калісьці была дарогай па калёсах, мілагучная, гістарычная гасцініца Red Lion прапануе вам цёплы прыём".

Музей Нормана Рокуэла:

Інтэрнат Red Lion, а таксама мноства іншых вуліц і збудаванняў Стокбріджа і раёнаў, можна ўбачыць застылыя ў часе музеі Нормана Рокуэла сусветнага класа.

Народжаны, як і многія мастакі-сінонімы Беркшыра, у Нью-Ёрку – у гэтым выпадку ў 1894 г. сам Роквелл, заўсёды ўсведамляючы, што яго жыццёвым прызначэннем было мастацтва, імкнуўся пракласці ім ранні шлях, наведваючы Нью-Ёрк Школа мастацтва, Нацыянальная акадэмія дызайну і Ліга мастацтваў студэнтаў. Пачынаючы сваю кар'еру ў якасці пазаштатнага ілюстратара, ён першапачаткова прадставіў свае працы ў выданнях, арыентаваных на моладзь, такіх як "Хлопчыкі"; Жыццё, а потым і тыя, хто задавальняе больш дарослым чытачам, у тым ліку "Жыццё", "Літаратурны дайджэст", "Вялікі джэнтльмен", і той, дзеля якога ён быў найбольш вядомы, "Суботні вечар", які ён абвясціў як "найвялікшае акно шоу ў Амерыцы". Яго праца ў выніку ўвайшла ў 321 вокладку за 47-гадовы перыяд.

Перамяшчаючыся з Арлінгтана, Вермонт, у Стокбрідж у 1993 годзе, ён правёў там апошнія 25 гадоў свайго жыцця, усе, акрамя аднаго з іх, былі ў ягонай студыі ў цэнтры горада, якая ў далейшым была пераселена на сучасны музей, які займае 36 акраў з выглядам на даліну ракі Гусатон. .

"Заснаваны ў 1969 годзе," паводле дадзеных фонду ", пры дапамозе Нормана і Молі Рокуэлл, музей Норман Роквелл прысвечаны задавальненню і вывучэнню працы Роквелла і ўкладу ў грамадства, папулярную культуру і сацыяльныя каментары які акрэдытаваны Амерыканскай асацыяцыяй музеяў, з'яўляецца самай папулярнай круглагадовай культурнай славутасцю на Беркшырах ".

Сучасная галерэя, распрацаваная архітэктарам Робертам А. М. Стэрнам, змяшчае "самую вялікую ў свеце калекцыю арыгінальнага мастацтва Нормана Роквелла (якая ахоплівае 998 арыгінальных карцін і малюнкаў), у тым ліку любімыя творы для" The Saturday Evening Post ", знакавых Чатырох свабод і натхняльная пазнейшая праца, якая вывучала сацыяльныя праблемы сучаснасці ".

У 2008 годзе названы афіцыйным дзяржаўным мастаком Садружнасці ў штаце Масачусэтс, Рокуэл лаканічна выказаў сваю карціну і ілюстрацыю філасофіі, калі сказаў: "Не думаючы пра гэта канкрэтна, я паказваў Амерыку, якую ведаю і назіраю перад іншымі, хто не можа" заўважылі ».

Мабыць, яго самая вядомая праца ў музеі першай галерэі калекцыі "Норман Роквелл" – "Дом на Каляды", палатно з алеем 1967 года, якое праводзіць гледача на шпацыр напярэдадні Раства па галоўнай вуліцы Стокбріджа па галоўнай вуліцы Inn Lion Red, публічная бібліятэка і асабнякі.

Нядаўні часовы экспанат "Невядомы бункер: Эдвард Хопэр у якасці ілюстратара" прапанаваў вывучыць амаль невядомую, 20-гадовую ілюстрацыйную кар'еру гэтага майстра-рэаліста.

"У кожным мастаку з развіццём зародак наступных работ заўсёды знойдзена раней …", – сказаў ён. "Той, што ён быў калі-небудзь, ён заўсёды ёсць, з невялікай мадыфікацыяй. Змена спосабаў і прадметаў можа змяніць яго мала ці зусім".

У студыі Rockwell, Лінвуд, катэдж, ёсць яго мэбля, бібліятэка і арыгінальныя мастацкія матэрыялы, а музейныя пляцоўкі ўзмацняюцца скульптурамі на адкрытым паветры, створанымі яго сынам Пітэрам.

6. Паўднёвыя Беркшыры:

Вялікі Барынгтан:

Great Barrington, у якім размешчана галоўная вуліца з рэстаранамі, крамамі рамёстваў і антыкварнай крамай, а таксама вядомымі назвамі гасцініцы, такія як Holiday Inn Express і Fairfield Inn Marriott, служыць турыстычным цэнтрам і, такім чынам, неафіцыйна. цэнтр Паўднёвых Беркшыраў. Тым не менш, ён прапануе шырокі спектр месцаў выканальніцкага мастацтва з Беркшырскай опернай кампаніяй, Барынгтанскай сцэнічнай кампаніяй і фестывалем Астана Магна.

Помнік Горы:

Паўднёвыя Беркшыры & # 39; principle natural attraction is Monument Mountain, whose trails are accessible from Route 7.

Never failing, like other such regional sights, to attract later-famous authors – who themselves were inspired to include it in their writings – it was first captured in 1815 when William Cullen Bryant penned a story about a Mohican woman who leaped to her death from its Squaw Peak in the simplistically entitled "Monument Mountain."

Inter-literati verses flowed as easily as the champagne that oiled them 35 years later when Herman Melville met and climbed with Nathaniel Hawthorne, their inspirations sparked by the thunder and lightning intermittently igniting the sky between sips.

Today, three trails lead through the 503-acre open reservation-the 1.51-mile Indian Monument, the 0.83-mile Hickey, and the 0.62-mile Squaw Peak trails, the latter of which connects with the former two and leads to the 1,642-foot summit, affording views of the Housatonic River Valley, the Southern Berkshires, Mount Greylock in the north, and the Catskills in the west.

Travel guide for the Southern Vermont

1. Introduction:

Easily accessible from the lower New England, Southern Vermont – under the & # 39; bulky carpet peradgor & # 39; advertisements and valleys of the Green Mountains, which offer a wide range of seasonal sports, but it is supported by all state specifications, including cards with postcards villages covered bridges, maple farm and cheese manufacturers.

2. Orientation:

Brattleboro, the gateway to the area, "a & # 39 is home to an eclectic mix of native Vermonters and transplants from across the country," according to guide "the Greater Brattleboro", published Brattleboro Chamber of Commerce. "This cosmopolitan city – it is an indisputable economic, recreational and cultural center of the southeastern Vermont."

Contacting Interstate 91, he & # 39 is the first major town Vermont, north of the Massachusetts line, and the only one that is serviced by three outputs. In this case, 1 is output to the street Channel 2 output of the main street and historical city, and output the route 3 5 / Putney Road, which offers commercial concentration of hotels and restaurants. For example, the hotel "Comfort and Hampton" and "Holiday Inn Express" is located here, while the hotel Art de Latchys complete with its own cinema located in the city center.

3. Bratlebaro:

Located at the confluence of the Connecticut and West, Bratlebara was originally occupied by Abenaki tribes, but protection against them has developed as a drummer Fort, built and named in honor of Governor William drummer of the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1724.

The following year, they had moved to the French during the French and Indian War, he moved to Quebec, and then the structure was converted into a point of sale for a few of those who remained behind. Nevertheless, peace is often fleeting in this period, disappeared between 1744 and 1748 years. What caused the re-occupation forces.

After receiving a grant in New Hampshire, the area that surrounds it, it has been named Bratllbaro, after Colonel William Brattle, a junior from Boston was chartered as the first city in Vermont the day after Christmas in 1753.

Sprouted from the fortress settlement that gave rise to an area of ​​the first store in 1771, the first post office in 1784 and the first bridge in Connecticut in 1804 became more industrialized during this period thanks to the power provided by Wheatstone Falls Brook soon reinforced paper flour and woolen textile factories, machinery manufacturers for the production of paper and transportation, two machine shop and four printers. For over a hundred years the company resides Estey Organ Company. After that railways Massachusetts and Vermont valley celebrated trade, trade, and travel from all over New England and to her.

The current spelling "Bratlebara" was adopted in 1888.

Today the city, most of all, with the & # 39 is synonymous with art. In addition to numerous concert venues, it is unique is its program of Gallery Walk, in which the first Friday of each month, the exhibits on display about 50 locations around the city, some accompanied by live music and other artists themselves. Numbered each display matches the description, location and directory path, which is published monthly.

city ​​maintaining & raison d & # 39; être – is a permanent museum and art center Bratleboro located in the city center, opposite the Marlboro College graduate in the former Union Station and offers views of the river, which are parallel to the tracks from the outside and stored. inside the original tickets, which belongs to the corresponding designation "Ticket Gallery".

"Founded in 1972," according to his own description, "the museum and art center Bratlebaro is rotating exhibits of contemporary art and a wide range of cultural events, including lectures, workshops, performances, film screenings, and (i) family activities."

"Close to home: new pastels Ray Ruseckas", one recent exhibits, offers, as the name suggests, the artistic perspectives of the area.

"The mountain slopes, forests and fields of the Connecticut River Valley," said Dream Williams, curator of the museum, "- Ray Ruseckas" and "inspiration." Ruseckas change has ground dynamics in seasons, atmospheric cleverly fixing fleeting effects as well as the rhythms proportions place … A refined shifts tone or contrast between light and dark (it) has the effect of psychological fears seen between fission and in that it has a mind or felt. "

"Dancing with the thread" Debra Bermingham, another recent piece, equally showed surreal effects.

"(It) pictures elusive and mysterious as the landscape, shrouded in the mist" – wrote Williams. "The images appear slowly, sensually from gently layered surfaces Covers from blue-gray to a pearly white plashchanaga empty scarcely populated space Zimklivyya items -.. Vessel fragment under full sail, a kettle, a month – through the fog, we removed from the place and time.

Other recent exhibits have included "People, Places and Things" by Jim Dine, "Art + computer & # 39; yuter / Time" from the collection of Digital Arts Ann and Michael Spatera, as well as a three-dimensional sculpture inflated "expanded form" Rodrigo Nava.

Art, at least in literary form, can be interpreted through architecture – in this case the house Radiyarda Kipling Hindi "Naulaha" for "value for the price" – in neighboring Dammerstane. One of the 17 national historic sites in Vermont, he served as his home in 1892 because his bride originally from this area, and he wrote his famous novel "The captain courageous" and "The Jungle Book."

As a house that can be rented at various times staying with Landmark Trust UK, it features the original furniture and home for transportation, which was once a barn Kipling, sports lounge and fireplace. four.

Despite the fact that it is not open for visits to the museum, one of the recent patrons who have taken the status of "hotel" and found that it achieved the advantage of writing in the guest book Navlahi: "It is exciting to visit the house of writers and artists, but, that you usually get, this hour tour with an absolute prohibition not to touch. How wonderful then sit at the table and soak bath Mr. Kipling. "

Besides art, Southern Vermont is often equated to the covered bridge itself, and not from Brattlebaro & # 39 is no exception. Constructed in 1879, and located outside of the road Guildford 9, 80 feet 19 feet oil with indoor oil, for example, covers a Wheatstone Brook. Made of spruce lumber with bars with wooden lattice and stone plate with supporting legs for supporting the boards, it is 5.5 feet wide, nor covered pavement, which was added in the 1920s. It is the only such structure, visible on route 9, and the only one of the symbolic structures of Brattleboro, which has been preserved.

4. Grafton

Being stored country, Grafton, located north of Brattlebara may serve kvintesentsyynym manner Vermont and elegance any card with its church, shops crafts, galleries, museums and historical restaurants that line the main road (route 121) and maple syrup platform for manufacturing cheese located straight up.

In the mid-1800s, four conventional stores and a dozen mills and school house was a center for farmers, traders and travelers, making shoes, sleds and oil. Retaining a century and a half later, his blacksmith shop and shafavyya, it offers visitors a chance to step back and try the atmosphere of New England.

"Uniqueness" Grafton ", according to his own description," comes from the fact that this is a real city and not leave the museum, and its inhabitants – the most valuable resource. It is a dynamic organization that continues to carry out the traditional town meetings with a surprisingly diverse population of 600 people. "

Surrounded by a kaleidoscope of colors in autumn and covered with a white blanket of winter, it offers numerous opportunities for recreation, but last season, in particular, "is a magical time in Vermont that makes you believe that you live in the map holidays. Ski ski, snowmobile (or .) walk through the village then relax with a cup of hot chocolate, "- he concludes he said to himself.

The cornerstone of the city with the & # 39 is the Grafton Inn. Tracing its origins in a two-story private house Enos Lovela, who turned it into a restaurant to cater for travelers who seek for good food and lodging in the 1801 year, it has increased in size and prosperity than in the village, and counted several owners – from Hyman Burgess brothers Phelps, who added the third floor after the acquisition of property for $ 1,700 in 1865. General view of the remains to the present day.

Although it coped with the initial purpose to serve business travelers, for many years there were several well-known people, including Rediard Kipling, Daniel Vebster, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Ralph Waldo Emerson.

After stagnation, disorders and depression era of competition arising upgraded sanatoriums, it was acquired by the Fund Windham in 1965 and elevated to the more expected standards of plumbing, heating, hot and cold running water and a private bathroom. And yet, 45 guest rooms retain the character of the country.

Its restaurants include a restaurant, "The Old Tavern" and pub "Phelps."

In addition to the hotel, in Graftane there are several attractions, including the Native Museum, History Museum and the Museum of graftana mining and minerals Vermont.

Behind the tavern is a retail store Grafton Village, which offers a wide selection of cheeses, maple products, wine and souvenirs vermantavskih demonstration, but the cheese is handmade in half a mile up the road in a cheese company Grafton Village.

Founded in 1892 as the cheese-making company "Grafton", she continues to produce handcrafted keddar, the process can be seen through the glass, though its manufacturing facility and retail store of considerable size situated in Bratlebora. Behind the building is a short Grafton covered bridge.

Another experience with Vermont, you can enjoy the sugar Plummer House. He belongs to the third generation syrup producers, and has 4,000 maples, which are heard in the period from February to April. Held informal tour, and a syrup can be purchased at the gift shop, similar to a barn.

5. Molly Stark Trail:

Molly Stark Trail specified by law in Vermont in 1936, the 48-mile, officially numbered 9 trails zigzagging through the Southern Green Mountains, the lowland valleys, lakes, streams, waterfalls and the historic villages of Bratlebora in the east to the west of Bennington. It was named after the wife of Brigadier General John Stark, who led the colonial militia Vermont and troops of New Hampshire to victory at the Battle of Bennington in 1777, during which he declared: "There are boys Today we beat them or Molly Stark Tonight She sleeps a widow. "

In this case, it did not have to, but never set foot on a scenic road that bears her name and is associated with several other Vermont glory, such as Ethan Allen, Grandma Moses and Robert Frost.

It serves as a threshold for national Forest Green Mountain. It created in 1932 to control the rampant logging, floods and fires its 399151 acres of New England and akadyyski ekaregion forest located in the districts of Benington, Edison, Rutland, Windham, Uindor and Washington.

Three nationally designated trails – Long Trail, National Recreation Trail by Robert Moses and areas Apalachavskaga way – with 900 cute lesser known ways to allow to obtain a wide range of related sports activities, from hiking to biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and snowmobile in the three Alpine and seven Nordic ski areas.

Abundant wildlife including bears, elk, coyotes, white-tailed deer, black bear, wild turkey and many species of birds.

City Uilmingtan notes as a midway between Bennington and Bratlebara and the intersection of Route 100 north of the road on the way Molly Stark.

Founded April 29, 1751 the Governor of the State of New Hampshire Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth, and named in honor of Spencer Komptana, first Earl Vilmingtana, the city itself is actually nourish that ensured its surrounding land, including grass, oats, corn, vegetables, potatoes . and spruce, hemlock, birch, beech and maple, which are turned into lumber. Mountain Stozhkov offered skiing.

The growth of the city and the population was caused by a number of weighty events, such as the introduction in the 1830s, saw mills, creating a railway connection at the end of this century, and the dedication of Molly Stark trail in the 1930s.

Go through the town, on the main street (Route 9 and the path itself) overlooks another village Vermont, with a blanket, craft and antique shops, restaurants and church vitamins.

"Vilmingtan," according to "the head of the Valley of Southern Vermont visitors Dalfilda" published by the Chamber of Commerce in the most Vilmingtane, "contains fine examples of architecture of the 18th and 19th century in as many as eight different styles. 1750 1788) Colonial Revival (1880 1900) architecture is so well preserved that the main part of the village was placed in the Register of historic places in Vermont. "

Turn right at the traffic lights (which goes from Bratlebora) on route 100 leading to the Old Red Mill, "a roadside tavern, pub and restaurant on the edge of the river", as does the expense.

Rural character, a restaurant, a converted sawmill since 1828, retains much of its original design itself is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It includes dining venues Deck Bar & Grill Jerry with open spaces overlooking the river Deerfield, a restaurant Old Red Mill, whose "Hearty food and drink – are special features of the house."

"Outstanding steaks and fried foods, as well as fresh seafood from New England – Favorites menu, which is preceded by a fresh garden salad and warm fresh baked bread."

6. Route 100:

Short road route 100 leading to West Dover, gateway to the ski resort Mount Snow, as evidenced by Alpine themed house House, one of the first buildings.

In 1779, it sets the captain Abner Perry from Holistan, Massachusetts, and granted the status, signed by Governor Thomas Chittendenom, head of the newly formed republic Vermontskay next year West Dover and its eastern counterpart duverski started heading Uordsbaro city. However, after a successful application for its division, he turned himself in Uordsbara Dover and after the enactment of the legislative assembly in 1810.

Although the summer was originally served as a season to attract tourists, who were attracted to the area of ​​farms in the early 1900s, his winter on the other hand has taken center stage in the middle of the century, when Walter Shenkneht from East Haddam, Conn bought a farm Ruben snow, turning it into a modern and popular Mount Snow ski resort.

Demand soon turned several houses in many of today as well as matches shops, restaurants and resorts are required to maintain the influx of sports fans.

Literally paving the way for everything, route 100 to replace the original dirty artery, which in the early days of planting sled. In addition to cars, winter tourists to bring even a small airport Deerfield Valley.

As the base city, the purpose of the West Dover becomes more apparent as you approach the entrance to Mount Snow, featuring buildings such as the Inn at Summit Farm, Inn West West, Market House and the Snowy Mountains.

"West Dover" ( "self"), according to "Guidance for Visitors to the Valley of Southern Vermont" with a & # 39 is one of the finest examples of homogeneous historic district of Vermont. It consists of a total of 20 buildings belonging to the 1805 to 1885 the whole area included in the National Register of Historic Places.

"The village shows a number of well-preserved buildings. Kangregatsyynaya Church West Dover (for example) was built as a home for meetings in a contemporary style in 1858 with money collected from the sale of the benches at the auctions. Initially the office was a school house number 6, erected in 1857 across the street, Harris House, one of the oldest in the village, now lives in Dovre historical society. "

Equivalent to any locality Vermont – is a historic tavern, in which case it takes the form of West Dover Inn.

Begun more than 150 years ago, "according to its own description", situated in a quiet valley dirfildskaga upper reaches of Vermont, and only two miles from the base of Mount Snow, our home continues an important American tradition of friendly hospitality.

"Originally built in 1846 as a stop and pop taverns, West Dover hotel has been lovingly restored and now provides 12 quiet, luxurious living spaces, as well as a modern and memorable dining in a tavern and restaurant in 1846".

The menu has a pub recipes and homemade dishes such as rib steak, salmon, roast duck and pasta.

Mount Snow, the main attraction of the area, achieved its north and south under the & # 39 access roads along the route 100. It is considered the most accessible ski resort in Green Mountain and located just nine miles from Vilmingtana, it covers 588 hectares, divided into four. горныя раёны Галоўнай гары, Паўночнай мяжы, Санбрука і Карынтыі, падняўшыся ад вышыні 1900 футаў да вышыні 3600 футаў. Яго вертыкальнае падзенне – 1700 футаў.

Дваццаць пад'ёмнікаў забяспечваюць магутнасць на гадзіну 30 370 чалавек.

Улетку і восенню Bluebird Express прапануе маляўнічы пад'ёмнік на шасці чалавек да вяршыні, адкуль віды на рэстаран Bullwheel ахопліваюць горы Маленькага раўнадзенства, раўнадзенства, Маці Мірыяк, Дорсет, Літл Страттон, Страттан і Гліб, якія ў сукупнасці выглядаюць так, быццам яны хвалепадобныя, зялёна-дывановыя хвалі перамяжоўваюцца з ледзяным сінім колерам, падобным на люстэркі азёр. Воблачныя перашкоды тупаюць па абшарах чорнымі плямамі.

"Маунт Снег", у адпаведнасці з яго самаапісаннем, "прапануе доўгія крэйсеры, чорныя алмазы і тэхнічную мясцовасць дрэва. У гарналыжнай зоне пражывае восем паркаў мясцовага стылю і супертруба. Ён прапануе 12 пад'ёмнікаў атрымаць доступ па розных мясцовасцях … Перадавыя лыжнікі і гоншчыкі будуць атрымліваць асалоду ад 12 трас і двух пад'ёмнікаў на Паўночнай частцы асобы. У сонечныя дні на паўднёвай частцы гары, якая называецца Sunbrook, ёсць дзесяць трас, якія абслугоўваюцца двума пад'ёмнікамі з вялікімі лыжамі на адкрытай трасе і верхавая язда ».

Жыллё ўключае схіл гатэля Grand Summit Resort і Snow Lake Lodge, менш дарагую альтэрнатыву на сваім возеры. Бясплатныя шатлы дастаўляюць лыжнікаў на гару ў сезон.

7. Бэнінгтан:

Бэнінгтан, на заходнім канцы сцежкі Молі Старк, асабліва багаты на славутасці.

Узнагароджаны гарадской грантам пасля таго, як у 1749 г. яе ўстанавіў губернатар Нью-Гэмпшыра Бэнінг Вентворт, ён адчуў пачатковы рост, калі глеба і рукі, з першых 20 пасяленцаў, ператварылі тэрыторыю з зямлі ў горад пры дапамозе ручно высечаных бярвенняў і молатую кукурузу, у той час як механізацыя сфармавалася як збожжавыя млыны на ўсходнім баку ракі Валумсак, так і лесапільні на захадзе, што спрыяла насельніцтву да набрання 1500 чалавек, толькі за чатыры гады пасля стварэння селішча.

Гэта пашырэнне ўзмацніла кузні, ліцейныя вырабы, даменныя кавалі, кавалі і гарбарныя заводы.

Сёння праезд міма горада па маршруце 9 / Молі Старк вядзе да некалькіх важных славутасцяў. Музей Бэнінгтана – першы з іх.

Утворана ў 1852 годзе як гістарычная асацыяцыя Бэнінгтана, якая сама была заснавана ў памяць пра асноўную бітву, якая разгаралася ў некалькіх мілях праз штат Нью-Ёрк, гэта адзін з некалькіх нешматлікіх акрэдытаваных музеяў Вермонта, чыя місія заключаецца ў "дэманстрацыі і мадэлююць творчасць Вермонта ва ўсіх яго формах і на працягу ўсёй яго гісторыі, а таксама служаць месцам правядзення візуальных і выканальніцкіх мастацтваў, якія ўзбагачаюць нашу супольнасць і наш свет ".

Нават будынак, у якім знаходзіцца дом, мае гістарычнае значэнне. Пабудаваны з роднага каменя і першапачаткова служыў касцёлам Святога Францыска Дэ Саласа паміж 1855 і 1892 гг., Ён быў набыты Гістарычным музеем Бэнінгтана ў 1928 годзе. Пасля наступных пашырэнняў і перарывістых змяненняў імя ў выніку гэтага музея Беннінгтана, найбуйнейшага мастацтва і сховішча гісторыі ў Паўднёвым Вермоне з разнастайнымі калекцыямі ад перыяду пачатку 18 стагоддзя да сучаснасці. У ім прадстаўлена самая шырокая публічная калекцыя карцін амерыканскай народнай мастачкі бабулі Майсея.

Трынаццаць бесперапынных і зменлівых выставак уключылі "Пазалочаны век Вермонта, які адлюстроўвае індустрыяльны бум", "Мадэрнізм Беннінгтана", "Працы на паперы" і "Рэгіянальная галерэя мастакоў".

Горад шмат у чым вызначаўся кароткай бітвай за Бэнінгтан, якую можна растлумачыць на наступным атракцыёне – гістарычным месцы штата Беннінгтан, які знаходзіцца толькі ў некалькіх хвілінах язды на Маршруце 9.

Шматлікія разнастайныя прычыны і абставіны запалілі іскру вайны на працягу ўсёй гісторыі. Расходныя матэрыялы ці, па меншай меры, надзённая патрэба ў іх спрычыніліся да гэтага.

Да канца ліпеня 1777 г. брытанскае ўварванне ў Нью-Ёрк, прызначанае для аднаўлення кантролю і кіраўніцтвам генерала Джона Бургойна, дасягнула Форт-Эдварда, на ўсход ад Гленс-Фолса. Але паток неабходных клямараў з Канады, які забяспечыў бы рух па даліне Мохак і ўніз да Нью-Ёрка, уключаючы цягавых жывёл, вагоны і ялавічыну, быў зведзены да дробязяў.

Паколькі выведка параіла падпалкоўніку Фрыдрыху Баўму, што складскія памяшканні, размешчаныя ў Бэнінгтане, дрэнна абаронены, ён вырашыў перанакіраваць свой гарнізон у Вермонт і Нью-Гэмпшыр. Але Савет па пытаннях бяспекі Верманта, атрымаўшы паведамленне пра надыходзячую атаку, звярнуўся па дапамогу з войскамі Верманта пад кіраўніцтвам Сэта Уорнера і каля 1500 чалавек Нью-Гэмпшыра пад Джонам Старкам.

Парогам супрацьстаяння стаў пагорак, які выходзіў на раку Валумсак, у пяці мілях ад Бэнінгтана, а не ў Вермонт, куды Старк накіраваў абарончыя сілы 16 жніўня 1777 г., праз два дні пасля таго, як брытанцы дасягнулі яго.

Нягледзячы на ​​тое, што першапачатковы стральба з мушкета выклікала неадкладную капітуляцыю індзейцаў, канадцаў і торы, англічане правялі сваю пазіцыю і двухгадзіннае сутыкненне з амерыканцамі, якое Старк пазней ахарактарызаваў як "адно суцэльнае плясканне грому", якое прывяло да захопу пагорак і смерць Баўма. Калі апошняя сіла стрэльбы рассеяна, 200 брытанцаў загінулі і 700 трапілі ў палон, у адрозненне ад 40 забітых амерыканцаў і 30 параненых.

Помнік бітвы Бэнінгтану, размешчаны на месцы захоўвання паставак і самая высокая структура штата, пачаў свой пачатак у 1873 г., калі Генеральная Асамблея Вермонта заснавала Асацыяцыю помнікаў бітвы Беннінгтана, якая сама падаўжала гісторыкае таварыства Бэнінгтана, за $ 112 тысяч за зямлю і фактычную структуру, сабраную прыватнымі грамадзянамі, тры штаты Вермонт, Нью-Гэмпшыр і Масачусэтс, і Кангрэс.

Распрацаваны бостанскім архітэктарам Джонам Філіпам Рынам і прысвечаны ў 1891 годзе, атрыманы маналіт, пабудаваны з сіне-шэрага магніевага вапняка, здабытага ў Фолс Хадсан, штат Нью-Ёрк, узвышаецца на 30 футаў, у 4,5 цалі ад базы 37 квадратных футаў, і ліфт даступны для узровень назірання, 20-яметровыя праёмы якога забяспечваюць выгляд трох дзяржаў. Перыядычна прапануюцца экскурсіі на 421 прыступку.

Квіткі можна набыць у краме сувеніраў, якая займае дакладны сайт першапачатковага сховішча, мэты і каталізатара бою, у той час як меншы помнік ушаноўвае Сэт Уорнер, камандзіра хлопчыкаў з Грын-Маунтин, які дапамог перамагчы брытанцаў падчас другой заручыны.

Яшчэ адно важнае відовішча Бэнінгтана – найбліжэйшая Старая першая царква.

Пад уплывам "вялікага абуджэння" ў Канэктыкуце і Заходнім Масачусэтсе мясцовыя сепаратысты ўпершыню сабраліся на сваім участку 3 снежня 1762 года ў рудыментальнай сасновай структуры на тым, што сёння зялёнае перад царквой і цэнтрам вёскі.

Пабудаваная ў 1805 г. архітэктарам Лавіем Фільморам, стрыечным братам нацыі 13-га прэзідэнта, сама царква каланіяльнай архітэктуры мае поўныя ствалы хвоі, уручную спланаваныя ў калоны, драўляны блок з вонкавых кутніх упрыгожванняў, якія нагадваюць каменныя. выкарыстоўваецца іх еўрапейскімі калегамі, а таксама ніжняй і верхняй лавамі, апошні для наведвальнікаў і маладых прыхаджан.

Пасля рэканструкцыі 1937 г., якая аднавіла скрыні з лапкамі і высокай амбонай, паэт Роберт Мароз прачытаў "Чорную дачу" падчас цырымоніі асвячэння, хаця другі, больш шырокі праект, распачаты ў перыяд з 1994 па 1999 год, дадаў знешні выгляд & # 39; прысутнічае белы і шэры фарбы. Інтэр'ер таксама быў заменены, і ўвага была нададзена мармуровым прыступкам, брусам склепа, даху і званіцы.

Хоць Мароз і сам не быў яго ўдзельнікам, ён набыў два ўчасткі для пахавання на суседніх могілках, дзе ён знаходзіцца ў інтэнцыі, і 75 патрыётаў Рэвалюцыйнай вайны.

Мастацтва можна ацаніць у Беннінгтане ў Цэнтры мастацтваў Бэнінгтана, размешчаным на невялікай адлегласці ад Старой першай царквы і пабудаваным мясцовым мецэнатам Брусам Ламейстэрам і яго жонкай Элізабэт Малой у 1994 годзе, каб першапачаткова паказаць творы з уласнай калекцыі. З таго часу ён інакш дасягае сваёй мэты – наблізіць мастацтва сусветнага ўзроўню да жыхароў і гасцей Новай Англіі.

Карціны і бронзы індзейскіх амерыканцаў, а таксама дыванкі з Наваха, гаршкі і лялькі качыны, з самых ранніх дзён прыводзяць да павелічэння колькасці прыкметных экспанатаў на шырокай выставачнай пляцоўцы, у тым ліку з таварыства Мастакі жывёл, жывапісцы пленэраў Амерыкі, Амерыканскае таварыства акварэлі, Новае Англійскае акварэльнае таварыства, Саюзныя мастакі Амерыкі, Амерыканская акадэмія жанчын-мастакоў, Пастэльнае таварыства Амерыкі і Парк мастацтваў. Гэта адзіны музей Усходняга ўзбярэжжа, які размяшчаўся ў Каліфарнійскім мастацкім клубе.

Да цэнтра падлучаны ярка-чырвона афарбаваны музей пакрытых мастоў, які быў завершаны ў 2003 годзе і з'яўляецца першым у свеце падобным месцам, прысвечаным іх захаванню, разуменню і інтэрпрэтацыі. Яны, па сутнасці, сам Вермонт.

Экспанаты канцэнтруюцца на іх праектаванні, тэхніцы, будаўніцтве і гісторыі, а таксама дапаўняюць фільмы, камп'ютэрныя працоўныя станцыі, якія дазваляюць наведвальніку вывучыць іх будаўнічую тэхніку, а таксама працуючую мадэль чыгуначнай планіроўкі, якая адлюстроўвае масты, пакрытыя мостамі.

Злучаючы берагі рэк і прапаноўваючы падвешаны праезд для пешаходаў, веласіпедаў, коней, калясак і аўтамабіляў, яны забяспечваюць, па словах Генры Уадсворта Лонгфелло, "кароткую цемру, якая вядзе ад святла да святла".

Сапраўдная рэч, як і паўсюль у Вермоне, знаходзіцца недалёка ад музея. Паездка на паўночным шляху па маршруце 7, а затым паваротам налева на Northside Drive (які сам становіцца 67А Захад) і Шаўковым шляху, вядзе да Шаўковага моста даўжынёй у 88 футаў, які ахоплівае раку Валумсак.

Пасля чарговага павароту налева на Мэрфі-роўд і праезду ў дзве мілі, з’яўляецца папяровы мост у вёсцы, канструкцыя кроквеннай рашоткі горада, хоць гэта замена 2000 года на арыгінал, пабудаваны Чарльзам Ф. Сірсам у 1889 годзе.

Нарэшце, мост Генры, размешчаны ў 1,3 км далей ад скрыжавання дарог Мэрфі і Рывер, – яшчэ адна рэканструкцыя, пабудаваная ў 1989 годзе на змену першапачатковаму рода 1840 года.

8. Шрафтсберы:

Погляд на жыццё паэта можна выпрабаваць у музеі каменнага дома Роберта Мароза, пабудаваным у 1769 годзе з каменя і таймера і размешчаным на сяміграднай зямельным участку ў Саўт-Шрафтсберы (выход 2 маршруту 7 & # 39; s ).

Літаратурная славутасць, гэта дом, які Мароз жыў з 1920 па 1929 год, і ў якім ён выпісваў вершы для сваёй першай кнігі-пераможцы Пулітцэраўскай прэміі "Нью-Гэмпшыр", у тым ліку "Спыненне лесам снежным вечарам", іранічна напісанай у сваёй сталовай стол у гарачую чэрвеньскую раніцу 1922 года пасля таго, як ён усю ноч прачнуўся, працуючы над іншым праектам. Увесь нумар прысвечаны гэтым намаганням.

"Прыпынак па лесе", "па дадзеных музея", (цалкам) прысвечаны гэтай паэме – гісторыі пра тое, як яна была напісана – факсімільнае рукапіснае рукапіс, супярэчлівая коска, прэзентацыя метра і рыфмы, тое, што крытыкі сказалі пра верш, і тое, што пра гэта сказаў Фрост. Прыклад надзвычайнай паэтычнай майстэрства, гэты любімы верш з'яўляецца адным з цэнтральных паэтычных дасягненняў амерыканскай літаратуры ".

Паколькі наваколле застаецца практычна нязменным, бо Мароз жыў там – ад бяроз і яблынь, палёў, лясоў, каменных сцен і бярвеністага хлява да чырвоных саснаў, якія ён сам пасадзіў – наведвальнік можа ўвабраць яго натхненне.